No Sound On My Mac Running Windows 7 32bit

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you want help, you're going to have to provide us with more information. Remember, we're not sitting in front of your computer - we're depending on you to give us good information so we can try to help.

Year and model Mac?

Version of OS X?

Did you download a driver disk from Apple if you have late model Mac?

Have you tried to install drivers from your original install media?

OP
C
Reaction score
All I did was install windows 7 32bit using bootcamp. There is sound when I start my Mac but when I boot into windows there is no sound. My Mac is running lion. My macbook pro year is 2009. I lost my original disk that came with my computer but it was snow leopard anyway so i dont think it would of helped. Is there drivers I can find online that I can install while running windows to fix it? Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are no drivers on line. Use your Snow Leopard DVD to install drivers. Boot to Windows 7 and then insert your Snow Leopard DVD. It will start the driver install automatically. After the DVD finishes installing, open the Boot Camp Control Panel item in Windows 7 Control Panel and run software update from there. That will bring your version of Boot Camp and drivers up to date to the latest available for your machine.

OP
C
Reaction score
The only CD I found was the Mac OS x Install DVD. Is this the only one that came with my computer?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should have received a two disk set with your Mac. If you found disk one, that's OK because the drivers are on there and not the second disk.

OP
C
Reaction score
I put the disk in and it just set up this dvd sharing thing. What do i do now? Im pretty sure i installed whatevr was on the disk

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You shouldn't have had to do anything but insert the Snow Leopard DVD. The driver update should start automatically. You are inserting the DVD while in Windows, aren't you? It won't work from OS X.

OP
C
Reaction score
Yes I am putting it in while running windows. And I just figured it out. Originally when i put in the cd it installeed dvd sharing. I had to right click on the cd and open the folder and there was a folder in it to install bootcamp and the drivers. thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.