problem with syncing hotmail with Apple mail

Reaction score
Hey guys, I own an 11'' Macbook Air and I've been trying to use the Mail app for a while now. Can anyone please please help me sync my Apple mail with my hotmail account. I've tried so many methods out there that I could find, unfortunately none of them are working. I'm using Mac OS X Lion by the way. I'd really like to use the Mail app on my Mac. Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

Not sure what you have done so far, but I have four email accounts all working fine within Mac mail.

I have always stayed well away from hotmail (old hat), so someone will correct me if the following is wrong.

I take it you have gone to mail preferences and set up the hotmail account. Re POP and the following sever settings.

Incoming Mail Server as pop3.live.com
User name as your full email address
Your outgoing server is smtp.live.com

Also you need to use SSL

Screen Shot 2012-06-06 at 12.19.46.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air
For your Question

I don't know what are you have problem in syncing hotmail. I have faced the problem one time 2 months ago my syncing folder and option of syncing with Hotmail was hide... But I recovered it with the new software.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I did, I even checked the SSL box but when it doesn't seem to be working.

I'm not sure what it means but everytime I create a new account, I mean on the first window that pops up where it says, full name,email address and password, this message "Logging in to the Hotmail POP server “pop3.live.com” failed. Make sure the user name and password you entered are correct, then click Continue. If the information isn’t correct, you cannot receive messages." always comes out when I click continue.

I tried clicking continue after this message appears and I'm able to finish the whole process of setting up the account but then it can't seem to sync with my Hotmail account. I'm starting to think it may be Hotmail's problem after all. While trying to connect with Hotmail, it keeps on asking for my password but it never manages to connect with my email account.

Reaction score
Old Scribe, I like how you have your mailbox set up. How did you do it?

Hwilensky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.