PDA

View Full Version : Synching to ITunes

Holclo
05-30-2012, 04:48 PM
I have 2*PCs, an XP and a Win7. Using the XP machine I have transferred one of my movies to ITunes (using Handbrake) so that I can watch it on my IPad 2. This took about 3 hours. The next film I tried was estimating 7 hours! So I tried to use Handbrake on my Win 7 computer and the movie transferred in about 40 minutes. But I cannot get this to my IPad without deleting all the contents I have stored on the XP machine (the first film and all my Apps). as I get a message that the IPad can only be synced to one ITunes Library at a time. I have used the same log in details for both instances of ITunes. I have "authorised" both computers. What if anything am I doing incorrectly.
Thanks

chas_m
05-31-2012, 01:16 AM
Nothing. Your iPad can only be synched to one iTunes LIBRARY at a time, just as it said. This doesn't have anything to do with whether both machines use the same iTunes ACCOUNT, that's something different.

Just transfer the movie using a thumb drive or some such from the Win 7 to the XP machine and then add it to your iTunes Library (don't have it automatically add to the iTunes library on the Win 7 machine).

Holclo
05-31-2012, 03:00 AM
Thank you once again for your guidance.
Bill