Bootcamp/ Windows 7 Question

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I just bought a 17" unibody macbook pro and wanted to install Win 7 x64 on it. So I went to the Bootcamp utility, did the partition but after this it just got stuck on "idle". So I got frustrated and closed it.

My Win 7 cd was in so I restarted the computer, held down the option key and booted it up from the CD. I then installed Win 7 on the partition that Bootcamp had created earlier.

However, I cannot use the macbook trackpad features or the other brightness, etc functions in Win 7. What do I have to do for it to work?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to install Windows drivers which should be on your OS X install DVD. Since you didn't give us any other info about your Mac (year and model) or which version of OS X it's running, I have no idea if your install DVD will work. You may be running Lion in which case you don't have an install DVD.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In that situation, I would purchase a copy of Snow Leopard 10.6.8 direct from Apple for $29.95 and use it to install the Windows drivers. Additionally, the SL disk can be used later on to run the Apple Hardware Test. Even though your machine is now running Lion, the SL disk will come in handy if you should need it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.