How to take MP3's off of iPhone? (and a few other questions)

Reaction score
I have a few questions. I will lay out my situation, and please help me out where you can. Thank you.

I live in Europe. I have a Macbook Air. My own Apple ID and iTunes account. I use an external HD to do Time Machine and backup this Mac.

My girlfriend lives in the USA, but is moving here with me very soon. She has a iPhone, her own Apple ID, iTunes account, and iCloud account.

Prior to unlocking her iPhone, I want her to backup her phone just for case.

Unfortunately, iCloud will not backup all her MP3's. It will only backup her music that she bought thru iTunes. (and she no longer has access to the original laptop with the original MP3's on it)

Question 1: How can she get the unlicensed MP3's off the iPhone?

Once she gets here, Im not sure if iCloud will work. So I want her to be able to backup her phones music and data on her own external HD that she plugs into her (Linux based) PC or my Mac.

What I dont want, is for her to plug in her iPhone to my Mac and for it to automatically sync to my iTunes. I want our iTunes stuff kept separate. But in order for her to backup her iTunes stuff, she will need to use my Mac.

Quesstion 2: How does she turn off all her iPhones automatic sync settings? I want it all sync'ing done manually from here on out.

Question 3: Can I have multiple Apple ID/iTunes accounts on my Mac? I want our libraries, playlists, settings, etc, kept separate.

Question 4: How can I set up her external HD to backup her phones unlicensed MP3's and pictures once she is here? Is pulling data off of a iPhone as easy as copy and pasting with a USB stick?

Thankyou.

OP
Luther Mac
Reaction score
Apparently iCloud does work in Europe. So the only thing I need is to figure out how to easily transfer her unlicensed MP3's to her PC/ext HD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
One thing i found that works is use an MP3 converter and that worked for me. I am not sure about using iCloud in the UK. If she bought them from itunes all of the purchased ones should be linked with her account and readily available for download.

C

chas_m

iTunes Match (which may or may not be available to you) costs $25 for a year and does not care where the songs came from. If iTunes can play it, iTunes Match will back it up to the cloud (audio, I mean).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.