Macbook

Reaction score
Hi. I have a MacBook. I recently took out the battery and it will not turn all the on. When I hold down the power button, it takes me to the apple, blue screen with the spinning wheel and downloading bar, but it will stay on this screen for hours. Please help!!!

C

chas_m

"MacBook" covers a lot of models from over five years now. A lot more detail about the model and specs and OS version would be helpful. Also things like:

a. Why you took the battery out
b. Clarifying what you mean by "downloading bar" (ie do you have any idea what's downloading?)
c. What you've done to try and fix this (like booting from the system DVD, have you tried that?)

etc.

I think we can be of some help, but our Psychic Helmets haven't yet arrived in the mail. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
I got the macbook in 2008, I took the battery out because it was a brand new battery and it would not charge, so my sister tried it in her macbook. I think the downloading bar is for the computer start up because it doesn't go past the grayish/bluish screen with the black apple picture. I have left it on overnight, and pressed the power switch a lot. I have also pressed the power button when everything is unplugged. I am computer illiterate and I don't have a warranty anymore, and the last time I took it to the Mac Store they messed it up even more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Does it boot when plugged in without the battery?

OP
M
Reaction score
It only goes to the blue/green page when it's plugged in. It doesn't do anything when it's not plugged in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.