Which size of Iphone 4s should I choose?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I want to buy Iphone 4s but I don't know which size of it should I choose. I have about 5GB of music. I also want to use some applications and play some games. I'm going to watch movies (500-700 GB), short sitcoms (40 min.), listen to podcasts but on the other hand I'm not interested in using a camera so much. So what do you suggest in my case? Is 16 GB enough?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Im living with 16gb atm. I watch TV/movies and listen to music and have about 40 odd apps on it atm. 5gb of music is a lot and you can't listen to them all at once so pick and choose playlists to sync to it. This way you can keep the storage at reasonable level. Ill watch a movie/TV and then delete them and apps i don't use or use very little I'm finding I'm getting rid of them Unless your a power user i believe you could live with 16gb, but really your the only one that can answer that knowing what you like/do through a normal day.

HTH

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I had the 16 before and i just got the 32 and have 2gb free on the 32. i would either go for the 32 or the 64 with what you do.

Air

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I'd get a 64GB...

Reaction score
16GB will always be enough for normal use.
Unless you like saving films in your iPhone to watch. -_-"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I'm content with my 16gb 4s

Reaction score
16gb.

Once you buy an app, you can delete it from your device and re download it at any time for free. So, you do not NEED to store EVERY app you EVER buy.

Music, movies, ect. . . takes up space. But the iphone is not built to store your whole library of data.

Movies are not even that great on a phone. Get a iPad.

With the use of iCloud, Skydrive, DropBox, ect. . . physical storage is becoming less and less important.

16gb is really all one needs. Filling up 64gb on a phone is a little crazy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in MacBook Pro 2.8ghz i7 8gb ram, iphone 3gs 16gb, iphone 4 32gb, iphone 4s 32gb, Apple tv 3rd gen
Iwould recommend a 32gb.

Reaction score
This is one of those situations where bigger is better. I have 3gb of apps on my iPhone and that isn't a huge number of apps. Add in 1gb of pictures and however much music you have and that doesn't leave a lot of room for video if you have a 16gb phone. Depending on the resolution of your files your video make take up 2-4gb per movie so that eats space fast.

One person mentioned that the iPhone is no good for watching video. I strongly disagree for the reasons. One, it's a great way to occupy kids when appropriate. Second, it's great to take video with you when you travel and plug into whatever tv is available. I do this in all of the hotels I visit.

Reaction score
if you can update your music recently then the 16 gb will be enough if your lazy person and you only add music without deleting old ones then you'll need much higher capacity.. 32 or something

C

chas_m

Once you buy an app, you can delete it from your device and re download it at any time for free. So, you do not NEED to store EVERY app you EVER buy.

This is a good point but overlooks two things:

1. People don't buy smartphones because they are dying to spend more of their time managing smartphone storage space. For most people, it's better to overbuy storage than underbuy it and spend much more time choosing which apps you'll be in the mood to use today ... I personally have "fixed" this probably by only buying and DLing apps I will actually use regularly :)

2. As you yourself point out, apps (with few exceptions) don't really take up much space. There's a few games (I'm looking at you, Infinity Blade series!) that do, but non-game apps actually, by and large, take up very little space.

Movies are not even that great on a phone. Get a iPad.

I'm with you on this, though I'd say most standard TV shows* look just fine on an iPhone and with the headphones on are really quite immersive.

*by this I mean sitcoms, normal shows ... big-budget extravaganzas and HD stuff looks way better on an iPad (well, as does everything, but you know what I mean).

16gb is really all one needs. Filling up 64gb on a phone is a little crazy.

With a little bit of discipline (mostly deleting podcasts and videos once you've watched them and swapping out with new ones) I'm with you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.