Importing music from Youtube

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X 10.5.4
I have an iMac G4, and am interested in importing a song I found on Youtube.
Biut , I have no idea how to do it.
First of all, what do I import?
-the URL of the music playing?
-an embedded address?
-or what?
How do I get it into my iTunes library

By the way, I am hoping I can do this for free.

I am totally confused by this problem - please, any help
will be appreciated.

George Sweeney

:Grimmace:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I went ahead and removed the email address in your post. Questions should be answered here for all to see (not to mention that publicizing your email address is an easy way to get spam).

Many songs on YouTube are in videos so people can listen to them but not have a copy. If the song was meant to be downloaded, check the description. If it wasn't, it likely isn't meant to be downloaded.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X 10.5.4

Thanks for the info.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27'', 16G RAM, 2TB - 13'' MacBook Pro
I hope i'm not breaking any rules answering the question but yes you can get the audio format from YouTube videos by going to websites specifically made for Vid2MP3 format. One I use is YouTube to MP3 - Convert YouTube videos to MP3

I really only use it for like shows you can't find on iTunes or in the studio live performances by people you can't get on iTunes or just funny stuff people make. Most of the time they have a free link to their song.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.