Email sync

Reaction score
Hello

Just wondered if anyone has any advice for me. Any would be appreciated!

I have my mobile me email account but I also have 2 business email accounts that are linked to my Mac as well as my iPhone 4s. BUT the iCloud mobile me email is ok but my 2 business emails do not mirror at all. iPhone and Mac are completely separate.

I have tried deleting the business emails from my phone then in 'info' in iTunes when the phone is connected I have tried syncing email accounts as well as 'replace mail accounts' in the 'advanced' section.

When I do this it loads the messages from the accounts as unread emails. However on my mac each account has 27 emails in each account. When the phone syncs the accounts 1 email has 123 messages and the other 61.
Deleting messages from Mac or iPhone makes no difference in mirroring.

Is there any way to get my 2 business accounts to mirror on both devices.
As you can understand it is very frustrating having differing messages on both devices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Try erasing all of the email accounts on the phone and then adding them again.

OP
D
Reaction score
I've tried that.

I had a post on another thread that said POP email accounts will not sync

"POP accounts do not synchronize, if your provider allows iMap access switch to it.

If you set your POP accounts not to remove mail from the server and add them to each device (Phone and Mac) This will allow you to receive and send mail from those accounts on either device, the accounts will not 'sync', if you delete a piece of mail from one it will not delete from the other, but if you receive a piece of mail it will appear on both.

iCloud has nothing to do with other email systems."

Not really sure what this means but I'm hoping there is an answer out there somewhere where they will mirror together on both devices.

Reaction score
NuevaSync E-Mail Service provides over-the-air, 'push' synchronization of e-mail messages between your mailbox on a corporate server or hosted service, and your mobile device. There's no application to download: the service works with sync software already installed on the phone. Just configure your NuevaSync account, then your device, and start syncing.

Reaction score
happy.gif

The new iCloud replaces MobileMe, Apple’s previous tool for syncing personal information data like email, contacts and calendars. While I would recommend using something more feature-rich like Google Apps, which has all three and adds Google Docs and much more, you still might want to use the new iCloud feature to have a second copy of the content. Who wants to be beholden to one company with this very important data? You might also prefer to use iCloud because you don’t want another account and you get iCloud as part of the Apple ecosystem.

To set up iCloud sync you only have to set up iCloud and be sure to turn the features I mentioned on in Settings. Let’s start with your Mac computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.