Winclone copy won't restore

Reaction score
A few days ago I created a Winclone image of my Windows 7 BootCamp partition. Today, I restored my Mac from a Time Machine BootCamp. While the file size of the Winclone image says 56.46 GB with Get Info, the package only has about 600 bytes of information. When I try to restore the image to my new NTFS BootCamp partition, I get this error message:

"Invalid image!

The image you are attempting to restore does not contain the correct information."

I have heard this might be caused by the lack of a Bootcamp.img.gz file. I don't understand how the file size can be that large if no files are detected in the package (I have show hidden files on).

I have many important files on my Windows partition, so is there any way to recover them, or fix this problem?

Thanks, Alekxos

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The image is corrupt. Which version of WinClone did you use? The older free version or the newer paid version?

OP
A
Reaction score
I used the newer paid version 3.1 (the OSX Lion compatible one). I took the "size" file out of the package, and Get Info now shows the size as ~1.6 MB. Is there any way possible to recover the files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sorry to say this but have never got Winclone to work - paid or freeware.

Have gone the way of backing up Windows 7 to an external hard drive and will run that when 64bit Win does 7 is installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.