Just opened my MAC MINI

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Just plugged in and turned on the mac...its the easiest thing ever to use. how long did it take you all to get used to the setup? :black:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
My comments will be on OSX and not just the mini since I first used OSX on my G4 500 Tower. I felt almost at home in OSX even Jaguar right away. After the first day I was at home. Of course there were other little things that took more time to find, but overall I was very used to OSX the first day. After a week I was as confortable in OSX at 2k and XP. Too me at least it's a VERY easy OS to learn.

My 2 Cents anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
True "Plug & Play"

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
maz94protege said:
Just plugged in and turned on the mac...its the easiest thing ever to use. how long did it take you all to get used to the setup? :black:
I first thought you meant you opened up the actual casing of the mini...
Definitely NOT the easiest thing ever!

;)

S

sandals1621

Aptmunich said:
I first thought you meant you opened up the actual casing of the mini...
Definitely NOT the easiest thing ever!

;)

:D what you mean.... 2 slim putty knifes, pop pop and it's open :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah: Snap, crackle, pop pop, crack and you're done.

And the customer waiting outside for his new RAM to be installed is wondering what the heck is making that cracking noise back there... ;)

The first few times are pretty nerve-wracking though...

S

sandals1621

Aptmunich said:

And the customer waiting outside for his new RAM to be installed is wondering what the heck is making that cracking noise back there... ;)

I gotta agree with you on that one, I did it about 5 minutes after I opened the box, The first times the worst, after that it's nothing

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Yea, i just installed my printer and a few PC games i saw said MAC REQUIREMENTS on the bottom. A++ there. I do have a question.... Im tryin to use my external ACOMDATA 80gig USB 2.0 hdd, how do i get this to work?

THanks

J

Jonster

Aptmunich said:

haha. i want to get a mac mini just to open it up and look at it. and then i'll customize the heck out of it. or maybe i just want a mac mini case just to make look nifty.

S

sandals1621

maz94protege said:
Yea, i just installed my printer and a few PC games i saw said MAC REQUIREMENTS on the bottom. A++ there. I do have a question.... Im tryin to use my external ACOMDATA 80gig USB 2.0 hdd, how do i get this to work?

THanks

Plug it into a USB port, should be recognized by the system, and be mounted to your desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
maz94protege said:

THanks

If it's formated with NTFS then you'll only be able to read it, not write. You'll need to reformat if that is the case and you want write access from the Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.