images and pages

Reaction score
imac 10.7.3

You have been so helpful with my other questions. here's another.

Lion does not do appleworks but i have for a long time. i got pages so i could open my appleworks docs. and also to do collages. all good so far.
today i found some images i'd put in appleworks/draw. when i clicked open with/ pages,
the message i got was this is not a text doc.
now inside of pages there are things that look like they could open my appleworks images.
but i can't figure out how to do that.

anybody?

C

chas_m

Appleworks drawings are vector drawings, so Pages doesn't know how to handle that. Sadly, there aren't many programs that convert AppleWorks drawings correctly, and those that do aren't cheap.

The best method involves using AppleWorks on Snow Leopard to copy and paste the drawing into an AppleWorks WP document -- Pages can use that and the drawing is preserved perfectly.

If that's not available to you, you'll need to use EazyDraw ($95) or Intaglio ($89) to convert the files.

OP
Z
Reaction score
appleworks etc

I was asking about photo collages, not drawings. you can work with photos in appleworks word processing, but if you select drawing, you get to work in the whole space- 81/2 x 11.
i never did .drawings.

on the plus side- this iMac came with lion preinstalled- do you mean i can put in snow leopard also? i still have the disk

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
on the plus side- this iMac came with lion preinstalled- do you mean i can put in snow leopard also? i still have the disk

If your iMac came pre-installed with Lion it can not run Snow Leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.