iPhone 4 blue screen and crashing HELP!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro; iPad and iPad 2; iPhone 3g, 3gs, 4, 4s
Hi,

I was updating my iPhone 4 and I did not want to update it so I tried to shut it down by holding the power button and the home button. Then it went to a checkerboard like screen. So I did it again and it went to an all blue screen, and now I can't get it to turn back on it just keeps going to the blue and checkerboard screen. I tried to connect it back to iTunes but it can't recognize my phone.

Please Help!!!!

Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Sorry to say, but one of the dumbest things to do with a smart device like this is to begin the OS upgrade and then try to kill it half way before it finishes, what exactly did you expect was going to be the outcome of that?

If you didn't want to update, why did you start the process? Even if you'd let the process go through, and you wanted to revert back to an older versions there are ways of doing that.

Now you have a bricked device in some thoroughly unknown state, so much so that the iTunes can't even put it into a sane mode to try to restore.

You can try your luck with a phone call to Apple, if not a visit to the Apple store might be in order..

Jro

Reaction score
I hope you're still under warranty? if so take it back to apple if not I dunno....
PS good job bricking your phone I've only heard of this happening once.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.