Itunes lost

Reaction score
Hello all,
I could'nt find an answer on the forums for this one.

I accidentally deleted my admin username under system preferences on my imac and I lost my itunes music catalog. Im in a panic since I am a DJ on the side.

Is there a way to recover this? Please help.

I am using version 10.5.8
Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 2 GB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you haven't got a backup to restore from them you're pretty much out of options.

You could connect the disk to another Mac in Firewire target mode and use a recovery tool to try and recover the lost music files.
Or if the music was purchased via the iTunes store you can re-install itunes and restore your purchases

C

chas_m

If you deleted your username in system preferences, you also deleted your account and everything in it. You would have received a dialog box asking if you wanted to preserve the data and just remove the name. Hopefully you did that. If not, it's gone.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the assistance guys. I am 90% sure I just checked the okay button because I did it so fast I didnt have time to check the delete the home folder radio button. I was in the middle of clicking it when I realized it was the wrong user account I was deleting! Yikes!

I have contacted itunes support to see what they can do to help me recover but Im not sure how much they can recover.

Is there anyway to restore the home folder?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.