Music CD for a present

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to create a music CD and give it as a present to someone, who may have a Mac, a Windows PC, or just a CD player. How do I make sure it will definitely play on her machine?

1. I make an audio CD on my Macbook using iTunes.
2. I use Windows Media Player on my windows Vista PC.
3. Another way?

Many thanks for your help and suggestions

Divas

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can create an audio CD either using iTunes or the Windows Media Player. An audio CD will play in a separate CD player or even in a car CD player. Don't create the CD as MP3 unless you know for sure it can play in whatever the other person has.

OP
D
Reaction score
Many thanks for your help.

Does the default file format for burning make any difference (compatibility-wise), m4a on the Mac, and WMA on the PC?

Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The source files are converted to platform independent and audio CD standard WAV files on-the-fly when you create the audio CD. So long as the software your using can play the files it will be able to create the CD for you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.