Bluetooth disappearing (Windows 7)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15'', primo 2011, 4GB RAM, 2.2 GHz i7, OS X 10.8
I recently installed Windows 7 with 64 bit instead of 32, and I had no problems whatsoever. Now, it is like the bluetooth disappeared from my hidden icons in the little toolbar, down in the right corner. My apple wireless keyboard won't connect or anything.

Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Details? Your Mac? Version of OS X? And... did you install all the necessary drivers?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Its a MacBook Pro 2,2 ghz intel core i7 from early 2011, back when Thunderbolt was introduced to Macbooks. Mac OSX 10.7.3. I installed the boot camp drivers, that came on the CD, that comes with your macbook. It was working fine. But it suddenly just went away.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, that's fine. Just wanted to make sure you installed drivers before we trouble shoot the problem. Does Blue Tooth work OK from OS X? If it works OK in OS X, that means the problem is somewhere in Windows.

Open the Hardware tree from Control Panel, System. See if the Blue Tooth driver is listed and does not have a ! over it. If the driver is missing, or has the exclamation mark over it, try reinstalling the Windows drivers. Also use the Boot Camp updater from within Windows to make sure you're running the latest version of Boot Camp and drivers.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, so I tried reinstalling the boot camp drivers, but without luck. It's still like bluetooth has just disappeared. I'm out of ideas, other than reinstalling Windows... But that is just a pain in the but...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.