Iphone help needed! please help! ?

Reaction score
So i was gonna buy an iphone 4s for 199$ from the apple website and I realised I don't live in the USA.. and If I buy it and then ship it to my country(my aunt lives in USA) will I be able to unlock the phone? And should my aunt pay more than 199$ because of the contract?
Please help! I'm so confused! Thank you.
omsh.gif

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The phone is $199, and then you select a carrier (AT&T, Sprint or Verizon) and then get the voice/data plan go along with that.

Apple does not sell unlocked phones through the USA website. It might do so from your country Apple website, but I don't know.

If you do go through this route, you will end up with the 2 year carrier contract that you will have to terminate and pay the $375+ termination fee and then take it to your country, unlock the iPhone and get a new carrier to support the phone..

All said and done, it might be cheaper to buy it unlocked in your country if that's how other phones come?

C

chas_m

So i was gonna buy an iphone 4s for 199$ from the apple website and I realised I don't live in the USA.

You just realised this?! :)

and If I buy it and then ship it to my country(my aunt lives in USA) will I be able to unlock the phone? And should my aunt pay more than 199$ because of the contract?
Please help! I'm so confused! Thank you.
omsh.gif

There is currently no way possible to unlock a new iPhone unless either a) the carrier agrees to unlock it for you or b) you buy an unlocked one from Apple (if available in your country).

From a realistic standpoint, your best option is to either:
a. Buy the iPhone under contract in your own country. You're going to be paying for cell service no matter what you do, so this seems like the most logical choice

b. Buy the iPhone unlocked either from your country (if available) or from the US. It will cost between $650 and $850 (plus tax, and customs fees when you bring it into your country) to buy an unlocked iPhone 4S from Apple in the US.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.