Wireless Network Question

S

samiam303

Hey guys, I'm new to the world of Macs here so a little help would be appreciated. I recently aquired a G4 Imac that I'm going to use to store my music. I already have two Windows XP PCs networked with D-Link 802.11b cards/routers. Here'w the question:
If I wanted to add the iMac to the network, do I have to use the AirPort line of products, or is it possible for me to simple use a USB 802.11b adapter? I'm looking for something with a slightly lower price fighre than the AirPort. Thanks in advance!

OP
S

samiam303

EDIT 1:
Okay, so I've done some looking around and discovered that if one can find the drivers, a USB adapter would indeed work. This leads th the next question:

Has anybody here hooked up a network using non-apple wireless adapters? If so, what adapters and what drivers did you use?

EDIT 2:
Okay, so I've done some more looking around and found a few people who say that they've used the 'Linksys Wireless USB Network Adapter - WUSB11' and made it work by using another adapter's driver. However, I've been unable to find the driver mentioned. Anybody out there know of a driver for this card that supports Macs?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.