Pixelmator & Photoshop Elements

Reaction score
Hi,
Am operating an iMac mid 2011.I need a programme to manipulate photos and have no real need as such for design.My main need is to take a photo,predominantly of flowers, and then work on it in by say blurring background,enhancing main colours and shadows,cropping.Sometiems I need to be maybe flip the image.I will then paint it and when finished, need to be able to adjust colours in the photo taken of finished work( I am currently using auto adjust in Irfanview which is fine) and then maybe put a mount around it, again I am currently doing this is Irfanview and finally to reduce pixel size for forum viewing.From what I have read,this doesn't appear to be that much compared to the needs of graphic designers etc.Nothing seems to be able to place a mount on a photo as Irfanview does but apart from that, do the more experienced her think is the Photoshop Elements worth the extra money over Pixelmator?.There is about €40 in it which is a lot in one way but maybe not in the long run? All advice appreciated.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
They both have free trials. I'd say download and try them for yourself.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks Crimson.I am hoping that the more experienced here might give me their opinions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.