Is there a way to install bootcamp without the disk

Reaction score
At work I took over a MacBookPro 3.1 - 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo which now has 4GB of ram installed. We are currently looking at getting an iMac for the guy that works on our video clips. I want to try bootcamp on the MacBook because most likely I would at some point in the future want to put Windows on the iMac so it could be passed to a user that doesn't need as much computing power when the initial users requirements change. My problem is I only got the 10.4 disks that originally came with the MacBook; apparently the disk that upgraded it to 10.5 is now lost to history; it is currently running 10.6.8. Is there anyway to install bootcamp without the 10.5 disks?

thanks
mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Bootcamp should already be a part of your Mac OSX. It would be located in Applications>Utilities. You can also find it using a Spotlight search.

If you want to read all about Bootcamp for OS 10.6, go here. I think it will clarify exactly what Bootcamp is and what it does. You don't really to "install" it. It's a utility to help you install Windows. Anyways, if you're going to install Windows, you'll also need a retail Snow Leopard install disc (10.6 for $29 if you can find it anywhere anymore). You don't need the original 10.5 discs if you have a SL install disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

As MYmacROX states best if you get a copy of Snow Leopard from Apple Online for $29.00. The DVD contains the necessary drivers for installing Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.