How do I update my Java?

Reaction score
My java is outdated and everytime I go to "System Update" it says it doesn't need updated. Could it be they don't support the 10.5.8 version of mac anymore? Please help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
This would appear to be the last/latest Java update for 10.5.8, dated June of last year. If you have that, then you're as up to date as you can be.
Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 10

C

chas_m

I would strongly recommend that you either disable Java entirely or upgrade to Snow Leopard (at least, if possible). While the latest malware threat (which employed a vulnerability in Java) has been fixed in recent systems, 10.5.x is too old (unless Oracle decides to put out a 10.5.x-compatible version on their own, which I doubt). The outdated Java you're running is still vulnerable, in short, and it would be best if you disabled it outright until you can upgrade.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The recent release of JDK 7 by Oracle for OS X is a 64-bit Intel build for Lion. I doubt that the runtime, when released as a separate product, will be any different.

OP
B
Reaction score
So pretty much they stopped updating Java for Mac 10.5.8, great good game for java on my computer this is my dads computer and i asked him to update it and he said "No i'll loose all my files". So great. -.-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2016 13in 4 Thunderbolt Ports 3.3GHz I7 16 GB Ram
BlinkfifteyVG,

Does your dad have a backup harddrive? Does he back up his files at all? If not, he is in danger of losing all his files to a hard drive failure. Try to convince him that he needs a file backup strategy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.