PDA

View Full Version : Sly's Quick Tips - Multitasking Probably Isn't Killing Your iPhone's Battery

Slydude
04-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Recently one of our iPhone 3GS units began needing to be recharged before the end of the day. Quite unusual given that we were only sending a handful of text messages a day from that phone and hadn't taken any phone calls on the day we noticed the problem. My wife mentioned that this had been a bit of a problem for a few days but had suddenly gotten much worse that day.

For a moment the thought of new iPhones put a gleam in my eye. My wife quickly squashed that notion by assuring me that this was not a good excuse to get new iPhones. It might, in fact, be a reason to get rid of the ones we al... ... Return to article to continue reading. (http://www.mac-forums.com/blog/multitasking-probably-isnt-killing-your-iphones-battery/)

vansmith
04-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Another fine blog post by Slydude. Definitely worth a read if you find yourself having iOS battery issues!

CebuCity
04-27-2012, 01:57 AM
Thanks Slydude... This is a very common problem but very few knows the solution.

Slydude
04-27-2012, 11:23 AM
You're welcome. As I say I learn something new every day.

Shikarnov
04-27-2012, 01:14 PM
I have an iPhone 4 that loses battery power pretty quickly. I prolong its daily lifespan by turning off 3G, Cellular Data, and Location Services. If I'm out and I need something, I simply take 10 seconds to turn these services back on.

Using this, I just charge my phone at night. On rare occasion, I might need a charge by early evening (if I spend any time playing Tiny Wings, for example).