Hard drive partition advice

Reaction score
I just used bootcamp last night to install 64 bit windows 7 for video gaming use, and before I did I read a lot about everything I needed to know including how big to make the partition which seemed most people agreed 80-100gb so i did 80, but now that I'm actually enjoying the performance I'm wondering if I should have done more bc after installing crysis 2 i have like 30 gb left. Is it ok to use up say 90 95 % of the partition or will it start slowing down and affecting performance, or should I just transfer my save file and redo the installation with more space? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
how big is the drive in question?

OSX needs room to expand, so does Windows.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you decide your Windows partition is too small, you can non-destructively resize it with Paragon Software's CampTune. $19.95 LINK

OP
P
Reaction score
It's the base model so 500 gb, but since I have so many computers currently this one is pretty much a work computer, I use it for writing music and playing games so my osx partition had 300 gb before i did the bootcamp. All my movies and stuff are on other computers so I doubt it will expand a whole lot, it's been at 300gb for awhile.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.