has your pro mouse quit? Look!

J

jasonr

Did your pro mouse fail b/c the wire that comes out of it is crimped? It is crimped b/c of the way they wrapped it for shipping. It has been bent to the side and fixed there. It was going to fail all along.

Please file a complaint at www.bbb.org against:
Apple Computer, Inc.
2911 Laguna Blvd.
Elk Grove, CA United States 95758
(800)776-2333
apple.com

Consumers must make Apple admit and right this problem.
This is my complaint lodged yesterday:

COMPLAINT INFORMATION:

Complaint #: 1290***
Complaint Type: General Complaint (not a car maker)
Date Received: 11/17/2003
Primary Complaint Classification: Product Quality
Secondary Complaint Classification: Guarantee or Warranty Issues
Complaint:
The apple pro mouse was packaged tightly, with a crimp in the USB wire, where it comes out of the mouse.
As I have read in the apple support forum, these mice as mine did, break at that crimp and render the mouse useless.
As the problem with this mouse originates with the manufacturer's packing practice, I would've hoped to see a recall on them.
At the very least, replace mine with a non defective one for a $10 to $15 fee, being out of warranty.
I didn't expect to hear "I've been here a long time and have never heard of this problem" when I know by testimonials that they are destined to break and many have.
Desired Settlement: Replacement
Settlement Explanation:
As I have used the mouse for just over a year and a new one is $49, I would like a new one, without the packaging defect, for $10 to $15.
Customer Service Rep: Mr. Warranty support
Product or Service: 7/12/02
Model Number: M8705LL/A powermac G4
Account Number:
Order Number:
Salesperson:
Payment Made:
Purchase Price: 1295
Disputed Amount: 50
Payment Method:
Purchase Date: 6/12/2002
Problem Date: 6/12/2003
Complaint Dates: 6/14/2003, 11/17/2003

Do it please!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
? I have no problem with my apple pro mouse.

OP
J

jasonr

Graphite said:
? I have no problem with my apple pro mouse.

Apple has since corected the problem. proving they know it exists.
You're lucky not to have the crimped wire mouse or do you?
If so, it's only a matter of time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Yes, I have a crimped wire mouse, and no I do not believe it is a matter of time. I am an optimist, and I believe that I will be one of those 70% that will live a life full of happy macintosh memories.

OP
J

jasonr

Graphite said:
Yes, I have a crimped wire mouse, and no I do not believe it is a matter of time. I am an optimist, and I believe that I will be one of those 70% that will live a life full of happy macintosh memories.

Well, if it does and you get the same treatment as the rest of us who's mouse has failed, I hope you will do right by the consumers and file a complaint.

Remember, those hair sized wires are now very weak at the bend. Have a back-up mouse at the ready if you need to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.