iPhoto transfer from Duo to Quad

Reaction score
I have been selectively moving my files over from my old Duo iMac to my new Quad iMac rather than the usual sync due to some spyware that I am trying to leave behind.

I have moved my iPhoto Library to the 'Photos' file folder but when I open iPhoto and source the old iPhoto Library none of the 'Faces' or 'Locations' sync or work. is the directory path incorrect? What am I doing incorrectly?

C

chas_m

Try this:

1. Open iPhoto holding down the option key. It will prompt you to either create a new library or open one. You of course want to do the latter.

2. In the resulting dialog box, navigate to the library.

Does that then work as you would expect?

OP
S
Reaction score
Chas, thanks for the advice. Every time I tried and re-tried, it didn't load. Ultimately, I took the original iPhoto Library from my old Mac and right clicked to see the contents and then just copied the 'originals' folder to my portable hard drive.

Then I imported those photos to the iPhoto on my new Mac. They are all there and I am starting from scratch with faces and some events but at least it loaded and was not lost.

Super appreciate your help. I am probably missing a step somewhere to make the merge from one iphoto library to the other.

By the way, the only reason I knew about the contents on iPhoto Library in the first place was because of another blogger on this site. You guys are the best.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.