ZOOM H1 vs FINAL CUT PRO

Reaction score
I recorded a live show last night (stand up comedy). I held a zoom h1 voice recorder in my hand while I spoke into the mic to record my voice. The camera was far away. I then transferred the video and audio into final cut. I synched the zoom recorder audio with the camcorder video. At first, it is perfect. As the video goes on it gets more and more out of synch until it is completely off. Why does this happen and is there a way to correct it? Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
How many cuts did you do?

Also, manually sync it. I have had better luck that way, personally.

OP
A
Reaction score
its 1 continuous video and 1 continuous audio. no cuts. I did manually synch it. I added the zoom audio to final cut and just matched it up with the video. It's perfectly synch at first then gradually gets out of synch.

OP
A
Reaction score
DualEyes worked great. Thank you. Wish it didn't cost $150 but the free trial is fine for now.

C

chas_m

Glad to hear it worked for you! I know it's a lot for us non-pros but believe me compared to most FCP plug-ins, it's a steal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.