Serious Audio Problem

Reaction score
Hello all, all of a sudden some things happened to the audio both coming out of headphones and the built-in speakers of my MacBook that I got in August of 2010.
I was looking to enhance the sound so I downloaded Soundflower and I think that was when the problems started happening.
1. The sound seems distorted
2. When I use the volume up/down buttons it doesnt make that sound it normally does.
3. When I pause a song the sound still rings a bit in its distorted, bass-heavy tone.
I uninstalled soundflower and any other audio changing software and it is still happening. Not really sure what to do.
I'm running 10.6.8 and use programs like Garageband, GuitarPro, and Ableton but using one of those did not spark these problems to start happening. Thanks for all help in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
i´d highly recommend to clean your caches as well. guess there are still pieces of the software on your system. also, search for the software name to delete it all.
a program such as mac cleaner also helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
Double check that you're really not using Soundflower anymore.

Go to Apple -> System preferences
Click on sound
Under output, make sure "internal speakers" is selected
Under input, make sure "internal microphone" is selected.

That should fix it but if it doesn't then I'm stumped :p

BTW If you still see Soundflower listed anywhere on there next to internal speakers/microphone, then it's not really gone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.