Design Package?

Reaction score
Hi,
Maybe someone on this forum can help me with the following.As an artist,in the past I have used Irfanview to crop, scale my images down for posting and it also had this option to place a virtual frame around the work which had a number of options regarding colours etc.These things all helped in forwarding on images of paintings to people.Is there a relatively simple package that can do these things? I know that it probably seems a shame to be under using some brilliant programmes but seeing all my energy goes into the painting, these few options are all I want.I know the cropping, resizing and scaling, desaturating etc are fairly common but the framing is sort if important as it helps people see what the piece looks like framed. I think there is a roundabout way of getting Irfanview on the Mac but am looking for something more suited to Mac and I am hoping for something cheaper than Photoshop !Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24in 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo OSX 10.5.8 iMac iPhone 3GS 16GB Apple TV
go download photoshop CS6 beta while it's free. cropping and adaptive angle tool are awesome in the new CS6 for the type of thing you do. also, the Camera Raw is vastly improved. lynda.com has free tuts on the beta as well, it will show you how to do everything simply. you'd benefit a lot.

C

chas_m

With respect, saying that the GIMP is "photoshop for free" is like saying a picture of a Ferrari is "a Ferrari for free."

GIMP is a useful graphics program. Photoshop it most definitely isn't, not even close. Pixelmator is about a million times closer to PS than GIMP.*

*approximately :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.