windows 7 on my MAC

Reaction score
I have finally come to recognise after many years that MAC is the best and i have bought not only a mac i but also a mac book pro and Iam delighted with them both.
Now here is the problem - there are not many good mac friendly accountancy packages out there and aim used to using my old windows application.
question now is - I understand i can use bootcamp to partition off some of my mac for windows applications but how much is partitioned - i would only use the windows for the accountancy work.
your advice would be appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved here to the correct forum. It did not belong in Community Suggestions and Feedback.

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

If you have a new MBP it can only run Windows 7 using the Boot Camp assistant. We also recommend installing Windows 7 64 bit in order to get maximum use of installed memory.

If you only intend to run several Window applications and not games or anything that would require full graphics or 3D power, then I suggest using virtual software. Virtual software does not require partitioning the hard drive nor would you have to reboot to enter Windows.

You have a choice of three packages: Parallels, VMWare Fusion, or the free VirtualBox. Of course you would still need a valid copy of Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
i use parallels with windows 7 and it works just fine so i can recommend it. it doesn't even slow down my mac :D

OP
M
Reaction score
Hello
very many thanks for your quick responses to my query.
regards
MACAM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Which is best?

Which do you recommend based on (1) ease of installation (2) ease of use (3) reliability (4) features?

I would prefer a readily installable package than fiddling with instructions and addons. Also fails safe installation.

Your post was moved here to the correct forum. It did not belong in Community Suggestions and Feedback.

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

If you have a new MBP it can only run Windows 7 using the Boot Camp assistant. We also recommend installing Windows 7 64 bit in order to get maximum use of installed memory.

If you only intend to run several Window applications and not games or anything that would require full graphics or 3D power, then I suggest using virtual software. Virtual software does not require partitioning the hard drive nor would you have to reboot to enter Windows.

You have a choice of three packages: Parallels, VMWare Fusion, or the free VirtualBox. Of course you would still need a valid copy of Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into Utilities > Bootcamp and print and study the guidelines. You can decide the size of the partition during the set up of Windows 7.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2011, 2.2Ghz i7, 240GB SSD, 16GB RAM, LION
I use Vmware easy to use and no need to bootcamp

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.