Prevent apps appearing on all devices

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
OK - I just realized that any app I now buy on my iDevice, immediate starts downloading on my wife's device.

I bought Infinity Blade II on my iPad about 30 mins ago, and it started downloaded on both my iPad and my wife's iPad. We share an iTunes account, but have different iCloud accounts, so this should not happen.

Anyone know how to disable this 'feature'? It seems like a sick joke to me...

OP
Zoolook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Forget it, I found the switch. Under settings->Store turn off automatic downloads. The trick is to do it on the 'other' iPad, not your own! Beware!

C

chas_m

We share an iTunes account, but have different iCloud accounts, so this should not happen..

Well of course it should (as the settings are set of course). As you yourself say, we share an iTunes account. Hello, that's what you use to buy apps with.

OP
Zoolook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well of course it should (as the settings are set of course). As you yourself say, we share an iTunes account. Hello, that's what you use to buy apps with.

Most families will share iTunes accounts, otherwise you buy Fringe Season 4 for $60 and no one else can watch it on their device. Doh...

But that doesn't mean that if I buy Virtual Bikini HD, that I want it appearing on my wife or kids iPhone, simply because they set their phone that way. Even worse, if it was a kid the parental controls don't prevent this.

Apple have had nearly 10 years to figure out how to apply profiles to iTunes accounts, and quite honestly it's about time they stopped arsing about and did it.

C

chas_m

I'm not disagreeing with you, but you said the downloads shouldn't happen. I pointed out that of course they SHOULD be happening, since you're both using the same iTunes account.

Other than that I agree with your position entirely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.