ibook g4

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I need to open up my ibook g4 as the stub from the charger has broken off inside the port. I've been quoted £95 to get it fixed so does anyone know what tools I need to buy to open it up myself?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The ifixit guides will give you a run through on tearing apart and fixing just about anything, including getting at the motherboard

ID Your Mac - iFixit

C

chas_m

This was a VERY common problem when I was repairing Macs for a living. You'll likely need to replace the inverter board (which should cost about $30 or so as I recall).

The repair will entail a great deal of work, and I **STRONGLY** recommend being absolutely meticulous about organising the screws and putting them back EXACTLY as they came out unless you enjoy headaches and nightmares.

I have to say bluntly my shop stopped doing major repairs on iBook G4s four years ago as they were not economically worth our time (high "abandonment" rate as well).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.