Digital SLR and Mac Question

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a Canon EOS Rebel SLR camera and I am trying to hook it up to my MacBook Pro to pull some pictures off, however, it doesn't seem to be mounting properly. It looks as if the camera and the computer are communicating, but nothing is happening and I don't see anything in Finder. I looked in System Profiler under the USB tab and the computer is seeing the camera, but still I have nothing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hello All,

I have a Canon EOS Rebel SLR camera and I am trying to hook it up to my MacBook Pro to pull some pictures off, however, it doesn't seem to be mounting properly. It looks as if the camera and the computer are communicating, but nothing is happening and I don't see anything in Finder. I looked in System Profiler under the USB tab and the computer is seeing the camera, but still I have nothing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

Pull the card and use a USB Cardreader.

Reaction score
I have a Canon 50D and 7D I just pop out the CF card use a card reader .. I do it this way because the Canon software for 50D & 7D are different ...
I believe the Rebel uses an SD card and I'm not sure if it's as easy to get at as I don't know much about the Rebel .. But if you have the latest Canon software installed you should see it (maybe not in finder) but in the Canon EOS utility software .. But I'm not sure ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I have a Canon 50D and 7D I just pop out the CF card use a card reader .. I do it this way because the Canon software for 50D & 7D are different ...
I believe the Rebel uses an SD card and I'm not sure if it's as easy to get at as I don't know much about the Rebel .. But if you have the latest Canon software installed you should see it (maybe not in finder) but in the Canon EOS utility software .. But I'm not sure ...

Older Rebels use CF cards, I have an XTi. Newer ones, not sure exactly when they changed, use SD cards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.