Latest Computer Part Purchase

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Here's my latest computer/computer part purchase (photo below).

In case folks don't know what they are...they're the cable that connects the keyboard to the computer for the original Macintosh computers (Original Mac, Mac 512k, Mac Plus). These things are actually pretty hard to find. Some folks do sell them on e-Bay...but they ask too much for them (sometimes upwards of $20 bucks each)...I got them for $5.00 a piece.

They look just like old phone cords (but the wires inside are reversed). So you can make your own if you have an old phone cord...and want to do some "surgery".;)

I have some old Mac's that I needed these cords for...and I've probably been patiently waiting for about 2-3 years to find them (obviously I was in no hurry)!;) Now I'm going to dig out at least one of them...and play with it for a bit.:)

- Nick

MacPluscords.jpg

Reaction score
Wish you had told me you where looking for stuff...Ive been chunking old Mac stuff lately.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Wish you had told me you where looking for stuff...Ive been chunking old Mac stuff lately.

I think that I figured you were only collecting...and not chucking!;) Yeah...wish I would have mentioned it as well...I would hate to know what else you got rid of so far!

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.