Tivo & Toast

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Has anyone actually gotten Toast to connect to their Tivo? I've had nothing but issues. I can't even get iTivo to connect, nor can I connect to port 443 at ALL on the Tivo (iPhone won't connect either, and this is the ONLY real path I have for any real support.. since Tivo doesn't provide useful Mac software). So far, Tivo's support has been, well, less than completely useless. All I get is the usual "wait 48 hours and try again". To be honest, the ability to transfer to a computer (and thus mobile devices) is really the ONLY reason I have one.

Thoughts, any one?

OP
Dysfunction
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Just a follow up. After dealing with what is supposedly 'support' on the Tivo end for days, only to be told it was my network (when I was working with a direct connection between my laptop and the tivo), I'm returning the Tivo unit.

I'll never deal with them again. Worst customer support experience I've ever had. Bar none.

Oh, and at least I was able to return Toast (even though it was a downloaded purchase) with relative ease.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.