I can't tether iphone4s to my macbook via usb

Reaction score
Hello, I am new in this forum,
I use my iphones 3g internet connection for my macbook pro.
I was connecting my iphone to my macbook with usb cable and choosing iphone from computer's network preferences list at left handside.
Yesterday a connection problem occured and I deleted iphone from the list but now I can not add iphone again.:|
When I connect my iphone I can only choose wifi or bluetooth connection.
How can I add my iphone to the list for tethering via usb.
Please help me.
Thanks for your replies.

Reaction score
iPhone tethering option lost

Hello there. Yes I too have the exact same issue, just with and iPhone 4. I cannot find an iPhone option in Network settings and I have re-installed iTunes and done all that was recommended, but I can only use wifi? Anybody that can help?

Reaction score
I have this same problem - I followed the instructions in the link above to the letter, but no results. My issues all started when I downloaded that damned iOS 6 (now 6.1.1). My MBP is OSX 11.6.8. It's an issue for me as I use usb connectivity for tethering/hotspot.

Interestingly, I can connect my iPhone to iTunes and have a 100% working integration, but if I investigate my network connections my iPhone is still "not connected". I can't seem to remedy this no matter what I try.

I can use wifi to connect to my hotspot, but that's a work around - I remember a time when apple software ALWAYS worked without a workaround, and I want to use it WITHOUT this work around.

Any tips/clues/ideas?

Reaction score
I am experiencing exactly the same problem; iPhone connected via USB, charging all right and syncronizing with iTunes, but no internet connectivity via USB!
I am not impressed...

I have this same problem - I followed the instructions in the link above to the letter, but no results. My issues all started when I downloaded that damned iOS 6 (now 6.1.1). My MBP is OSX 11.6.8. It's an issue for me as I use usb connectivity for tethering/hotspot.

Interestingly, I can connect my iPhone to iTunes and have a 100% working integration, but if I investigate my network connections my iPhone is still "not connected". I can't seem to remedy this no matter what I try.

I can use wifi to connect to my hotspot, but that's a work around - I remember a time when apple software ALWAYS worked without a workaround, and I want to use it WITHOUT this work around.

Any tips/clues/ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.