'11 mac mini, 5.1 vs 5.2

Reaction score
Would I be better off spending an extra 200 dollars for the 5.2?

Does the 5.1 have the capability to stream video without lag?

I bought a 5.1, its still in the wrapper, and i have a feeling i may regret not going with more video capability.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Would I be better off spending an extra 200 dollars for the 5.2?

Does the 5.1 have the capability to stream video without lag?

I bought a 5.1, its still in the wrapper, and i have a feeling i may regret not going with more video capability.

Two things to consider:

1. The more expensive Mac-mini has better graphics hardware (always better for longevity).
2. Instead of paying $799 for the more expensive Mac-mini...you can get it refurbished for $699:

Refurbished Mac mini 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 - Apple Store (U.S.)

- Nick

OP
I
Reaction score
thank you, i have decided to take this one back and get the 5.2......all i could do is up the ram in the one i bought, which may help it run the more intense graphics, but seeing that i can upgrade the 5.2 to the i7 processor and it's use of a video card makes it a machine that will have more longevity.

being an owner of a '03 iMac G5 PPC, I know the frustrations of outdated processor!

Thank you!

Derick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...being an owner of a '03 iMac G5 PPC, I know the frustrations of outdated processor!

Of course it was outdated...it's from 2003!;)...pretty much any computer that's 9 years old is out-dated. Not saying 9 year-old computers are worthless...but certainly unable to do everything a 2012 computer can do!!

Nothing wrong with having to upgrade a computer after 9 years of service! Enjoy that new Mac-Mini!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.