Configuring an airport graphite base station with OS 10.6.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, iMac, OS 10.13.6, iPhone 6s iOS 15.1, iPad mini, iOS 9.3.5
I recently changed computer from an old iBook (10.4) and now use a new MacBookPro with OS 10.6. For no real reason, I want to change the configuration of the Airport graphite base station I have used for centuries now and realize I cannot access it.

Trying to use AirPort Admin Utility for Graphite and Snow.app version 4.2.5. The info box shows "Use Rosetta". I tried with and without. It did not make any difference. The mac does not want to use this utility.

Trying the more recent Airport utility, it does not find my Graphite base station in the air. Still, the computer accepts to use this Airport base station as it is now.

How should I go to modify or repair its configuration should it ever go wrong (except using the iBook) ?

TIA

OP
michelangelo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
michelangelo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The iBook still works like a charm, including when it comes to reconfiguring my legacy Airport Graphite base station. Since the Airport Graphite Base Station wireless capability is dead, I have connected it with a wire to a Time Capsule, which creates the wireless network. I want to replace it by a new base station (airport Extreme or Time Capsule). Problem:

Neither Time Capsule, not Airport Extreme, nor MacBookPro is able to find the server in a PPPoE connection with my ISP through the ADSL bridge (or modem, if you prefer)

The legacy Apple Airport Graphite base station can find the server in a PPPoE connection with my ISP through the ADSL bridge, so does the legacy iBook.

My friendly ISP refuses to help (they provide their own wireless router). :'(

My sole idea may be that my legacy ADSL bridge (an Inovia device, www.inoviatele.com, inovia now being brain dead) only works with legacy equipment and that I should get this ADSL bridge replace by a new device.

Any better suggestion ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.