cant update tiger !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
I got the latest update for tiger and tryed to install it yesterday. its says that it cant be installed on my hard drive and theres a big red "!" on my hard drive in the installer window.i clearly have enuf space on it, does any one what is wrong ?? :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Have you tried manually downloading the update from apple and trying that way?
also, where it has the red ! over the hd, if you select that hd, it should give you a reason as to why that hd can't be upgraded.

OP
robbiemullen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
it says that the volume doesnt meet the requirements of the update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I assume your hard drive is hfs+ format? have you tried repairing permissions before attempting the update? also, make sure that you are trying to use the correct update. Are you updating through software update or did you manually download the update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
What OS are you running now? You need to be running at least 10.4 in order to update. If you're running something earlier you need to go to Apple and buy Tiger first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
If you manually downloaded the update, then it is possible that you could have downloaded the update for Mac OS X Server. If that is the case, then it will not allow you to update the software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.