headphone issues

Reaction score
hi i have the newest macbook pro 13 inch, just today the headphone jack seems to not work, I've tried several headphones and several different ideas to get them to work. the laptop only plays out of the built in speakers. anyone know whats wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13-inch MacBook Pro,2.8GHz dual-core,Intel Core i7,4GB 1333MHz
hi i have the newest macbook pro 13 inch, just today the headphone jack seems to not work, I've tried several headphones and several different ideas to get them to work. the laptop only plays out of the built in speakers. anyone know whats wrong?

Go to your audio setting and make sure your headphone outline is set to output and not input. On the 13" Macbook since you only have one plug you can set it to be in and out. Hope that helps.

Reaction score
I opened volume control and had a look. Without the mic plugged in the headphones are listed as my current sound device, but the moment I plug the mic in it changes furiously between "Headphones" and "Digital Audio (S/PDIF)", never resting on one for more than a second. I remove the mic, and it goes back to "Headphones".

Also, I am using the Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R onboard sound, if that matters at all.

-----------
STC Technologies|Reputation Management

C

chas_m

The Macbook cannot determine whether you're using its headphone capabilities or its optical capabilities. It could be something wrong with the jack, but without being familiar with the equipment you listed it could also have something to do with that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.