Click Tracks

M

Mikey213

Hey everyone...I'm not sure who is even fluent with regular PC's but if you've ever heard of the program Fruity Loops...you can create your own beats on it and loop them. I use this to record a "click track" on to my recording program so i can have an ACTUAL TRACK of timing to play along to...versus the softwares crappy metronome that never stays in time anyways.

My question is...is there any program for the Mac Powerbook that does this same thing? Something that will allow me to make just a simple hi-hat/snare count looped and that i can save and transfer over to GarageBand to have a "click track"?

Hope this makes sense...and thanks for everyones help.

OP
M

Mikey213

Heard about them...but I have not experienced them yet so I was just wondering what you guys suggest. Reason seems to be mentioned quite often in the Mac recording world. Will this do what I am looking for it to do? Thank you for the help.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

to tell you the truth...i have no idea.. i dont have much background..or well any background with those apps, just thought i'd toss out the idea...you might be able to find a trial version of the software off the web try it out and see what you can do

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
Fruity Loops has no real mac alternative from what i know, my mate uses it all the time and refuses to switch to mac because there is nothing like it avaliable.

The only thing that comes near is whats been mentioned and the usual Cubase etc

OP
I

iRizzo

Are there any new apps out that are similar to Fruity Loops? I want to make some different drum beats and then record guitar through Garage Band. What else do you guys recommend?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0 GHz Core Duo, 256 Vid Card, 1 gig ram, 40 gig ipod, 4 gig nano, 512mb shuffle
I've been looking for the same thing.. Create a Digital Drum track export it to gragage band then record guitar/bass over it.

I found Idrum (still playing around with it, it is like $70) I'm using the trial version right now. Not sure if its worth the $$ yet.

I tired the reason trial. The drum machine in that is very nice and advanced. Reason is just very expensive for a casual user. It is the closest thing to fruity loops that i have found. It does alot of the same things, but is not as user friendly. There are alot of video tutorials on you tube and the like.

If anyone can find a free or cheap drum machine (like hamerhead for the pc) on the mac please let me know.

OP
L

Localoid

yegs said:
I found Idrum (still playing around with it, it is like $70) I'm using the trial version right now. Not sure if its worth the $$ yet.

Just a FYI in case you weren't aware of it... you can buy iDrum online from various music retailers for around $42-50 (try searching Froogle.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.