Apple Accessories

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 macbook pro 15" & 27" 2012 IMac
Hey everyone.
Just bought my first apple computer products. Had a bit of a bonus come through and the pc and laptop died at the same time (why does this always happen), so i thought i would treat myself and the mrs to a 27" iMac and 15" macbook pro.

But what i wanted to know was what accessories have you bought afterwards to help you.
For example i've got the wireless keyboard and trackpad so i have recently purchased the battery charger from apple.

So what extras could you now not live without?

C

chas_m

Macs generally don't need to be larded up with accessories, I'm surprised to hear the iMac didn't come with the wireless keyboard and trackpad (which should have been included as standard).

If the MBP is being used on a desk a lot I recommend a little riser to lift the back up a bit. Keeps it cooler and protects against spilled drinks (not that a drink should ever be within six feet of the MBP of course).

A good carrying case (Costco has a nice Swiss Army one for $15 last I looked) and an extra charger are about all I can think of apart from ...

... an iPhone and iPad! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
An external hard drive to use Time Machine would be at the top of my list and if you are going to pack your MBP around a good case like a Brenthaven.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
An eternal hard drive to use Time Machine would be at the top of my list and if you are going to pack your MBP around a good case like a Brenthaven.

An "eternal" hard drive? Is that like one that never runs out of room? ;)

Ditto on a backup drive. With the MBP, I would even recommend getting a Time Capsule for wireless backups for both it and the iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
An "eternal" hard drive? Is that like one that never runs out of room? ;)

Ditto on a backup drive. With the MBP, I would even recommend getting a Time Capsule for wireless backups for both it and the iMac.

Sorry thats what happens when you do not proof read before posting as you guessed
it should have been external.

C

chas_m

I think only Norse Gods can get eternal hard drives. Gives them plenty of Thorage.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I'd also go for an Apple Remote, the Twelve South BackPack Adustable Shelf, the Moshi Teraglove and an AppleTV latest version.

Reaction score
I'd also go for... the Twelve South BackPack Adustable Shelf...
This is simply one of the BEST accessory inventions for the iMac! I found this in the Apple Store and placed my external Seagate HD (I use for Time Machine) on it in order to keep it off my desk. The HD is now out of sight, I don't see the wire hanging anymore and I don't have to keep moving the HD to clean around it. The Twelve South even has a little rubber pad for your item to sit on so it doesn't move around. Absolutely perfect!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sounds good this "eternal drive: :p
that shelf looks cool, how does it attach to the stand ?
Think i will be getting the Apple Tv as i get so bored watching the same old crap on tv lol.

Anybody else got anything they can't live without?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well i went into Apple in Birmingham today and got the rechargeable battery charger.
Did ask about Apple Tv but they are out of stock until friday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my bank balance is taking a beating !
Went in today just for a chat and walked out with a 2tb time capsule

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
my bank balance is taking a beating !
Went in today just for a chat and walked out with a 2tb time capsule

The Apple Time Capsule is a pretty neat device (I have an older version that I purchased used at a very good price).:)

You do realize at the price of a new Time Capsule...you can accomplish pretty much the same thing for:

- about 50%-60% of the price with a wireless router and an external hard drive!
- if you already have a wireless router...then for about 25% of the Apple Time Capsule price...all you need is an external hard drive.
- and if you already have a wireless router & an external hard drive...it would cost you nothing!:)

Just trying to help,:)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
with it having the built in airport though it's extending my network as i have a lot of devices attached to the network.
I'm also classing it as my birthday present this week. It's just nice to have everything look perfect on the desk and not a lot of wires etc.
i don't mind the money as long as it does the job well and i don't have to replace it any time soon

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm also classing it as my birthday present this week. It's just nice to have everything look perfect on the desk and not a lot of wires etc.
i don't mind the money as long as it does the job well and i don't have to replace it any time soon

When I see a situation...my first thought is...how can this be done for less $$$/£££.

If cost is not an issue...and aesthetics is important...then go for it!:)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When I see a situation...my first thought is...how can this be done for less $$$/£££.

If cost is not an issue...and aesthetics is important...then go for it!:)

- Nick

i like things to look nice, simple and practical............apart from when the wife chucks all the magazines over the study, diaries etc my blood just boils :'(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
............apart from when the wife chucks all the magazines over the study, diaries etc my blood just boils :'(

I got one of those too!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.