Camera Roll

Reaction score
I hope this is the best place to put this.

What I would like to do is the following. While on vacation, upload my photos(via the camera connector) to my iPad. Than organize these photos perhaps on the plane ride home into a way that will than sync to my iPhoto on my Mac. Is something like this even possible?

I don't technically need it to sync 100%...i.e. folder/event appear exactly how I organize them on the iPad on my iMac. But I would instead of "importing" all my photos...I'd like to import them just one folder at a time.

For example sake. While on vacation on the iPad I create a folder that includes all the photos of my kids. Can I than just import that specific folder to my iMac.....either as the folder itself or an event?

I hope I am explaining myself correctly haha

Any help?

Cheers

C

chas_m

If you'd asked this question the day before yesterday, the answer would have been no. But yesterday, Apple released iPhoto for iOS ($5!) so if you have an iPhone 4 or later or an iPad (2011) or later, you're golden.

OP
J
Reaction score
But correct me if I am wrong....iphoto on the iMac and iPhoto on the ipad don't sync.

(iphone and ipad do.....but iphone/ipad to imac don't....I am assuming because its not IOS...perhaps mountain lion will help with that...but in the meantime...am I wrong?)

C

chas_m

I just got it so I'm not sure, but it uses the same Camera Roll as syncs to the Mac, so I'm inclined to say you may be wrong.

Of course, I may be wrong. :)

Just tested it. You are mistaken, kinda. One of the options in iPhoto is to save the edited picture back to the Camera Roll. Do that, and it syncs with iPhoto on the Mac.

OP
J
Reaction score
Hey I appreciate the help in trying to get through this....but I may not be explaining myself clearly.

Lets say I took 1000 pictures on vacation. On the plane right home I select the 100 best ones and put them in a separate folder. I would like to just transfer these 100 photos to iPhoto on the mac. (for whatever purpose...put in a slideshow, put on a stick to print off).

I realize I can sort the photos in iPhoto itself....I also realize I can simply "select" which photos I import. However I just have this vision of sorting photos on the plane ride home and than when I get home...all my sorting is done....I don't have to go through all 1000 photos again, I have already sorta my 100 favourite.

Does this make sense?

It this possible>

I want to create a folder on the iPad and just import that specific folder not the entire camera reel.

I realize this sounds pretty specific....I just think a plane ride home would be a great time to sort photos and don't want to have all my work go to waste only to have to sort again when importing onto the iMac

thanks all

C

chas_m

First you're going to have to invent folders on the iPad. No such thing (for documents).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.