Apple Virgin Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Mabook Pro,

I've recently just upgraded from a typewriter to a Macbook Pro, and I haven't the slightest idea of what is happening with it.
I am a university student and need to get Office but I don't know how to go about this. :Oops:

Can anyone help me with this predicament? :)

cheers! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
The first thing the experts (which I am NOT) here will ask of you are the specs of your Macbook Pro...which OS? which version? what year? how much RAM? which processor? ...etc.
Next you will need to find a source to obtain a student/education version of Office 2011 for Mac and install it. Google will help you there. I feel sure your institution of higher learning has courses teaching MS Office.
That's enough for now. Good luck.

C

chas_m

If you're a university student, chances are quite high that your student union has a computer store on-campus offering Mac and Windows software. Just tell them you need Microsoft Office for your classes and they should be able to offer you a discounted version.

Learning it, OTOH, is another matter. Welcome to the 21st century!

The essay in my sig will help get you started on the path to learning your new Mac, but here's probably the most important link you need (since you've obviously already worked out how to get online and such):

Mac 101 -- basic lessons in understanding the Mac

Switch 101 -- for those converting to the Mac from Windows

Good luck and enjoy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.