PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys...cant boot windows

blademaster
03-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Hey guys,
Heres my config.....macbook pro 13" with dual boot win 7 and osx lion

My windows partition was only 32gb and i needed more space on my win partition so i booted in mac went to disk utility and created a partition called as "separate".
After that whenever i press alt/option before startup i cant see bootcamp....but i can see it in finder so i copied all the contents from windows desktop to mac desktop...and also when i go in recovery disk and choose bootcamp....it shows bo bootable device found(or something like that).....

P.S im new to the forum culture so i dont know if the section is right..please bear with me and thanks in advance.
Also i have a submission tomorrow so any immediate help is appreciated..

chscag
03-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Right section to post, wrong method to increase the Boot Camp partition. You can not increase or decrease the Boot Camp partition by conventional methods or adding another partition. You're probably going to have to reinstall Windows 7 since it's likely the boot sector has been destroyed.

Use Disk Utility to remove the extra partition and the Boot Camp partition. Then set the hard drive as a single partition. Boot back to OS X and try to create another Boot Camp partition.

You may have to do a PRAM reset if you run into problems booting OS X. And, if you ever want to increase or decrease a BC partition again, use CampTune from Paragon software. Here's the LINK (http://www.paragon-software.com/home/camptune/).

blademaster
03-08-2012, 05:14 AM
Hey Thanks a lot!...I did exactly as you said and now im sorted...thanks!!you rock!!