camera and skype

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
I have a question. I bought an 27" imac last year with Lion. I Skype a lot with family in Europe, I live in Australia. The problem is the picture is way to blue with the inbuilt camera. My black chair is blue my face is really pinky blue. There is no adjustment for the color. When i had a PC and external camera you could adjust the color. Am I missing some thing? Oh the monitor color is fine for Photoshop. is there some thing I can do? :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of background lighting are you using? Energy saver lamps and fluorescent lighting will cast a blueish tone.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
What kind of background lighting are you using? Energy saver lamps and fluorescent lighting will cast a blueish tone.

It actually does not matter what light i have including just daylight it always looks the same , way to blue. most annoying. So is there an adjustment I can do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
I have a question. I bought an 27" imac last year with Lion. I Skype a lot with family in Europe, I live in Australia. The problem is the picture is way to blue with the inbuilt camera. My black chair is blue my face is really pinky blue. There is no adjustment for the color. When i had a PC and external camera you could adjust the color. Am I missing some thing? Oh the monitor color is fine for Photoshop. is there some thing I can do? :(

Get the right colors on your Mac display | Macworld

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
I have done all that. As i said monitor color is good, except camera color

C

chas_m

You either have a defective camera, bad lighting, or something is wrong with your vision.

If you can reproduce the blue effect anywhere you go, then it's the camera and you should get that fixed.

If you can't reproduce the effect (let's say) outdoors or in some other brightly-lit environment, it's you or your lighting.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
Thank you all for your input. It must be the camera, as people say that i look a bit blue, pink. But i think it annoys me more than it does the other people. Were I have the computer is a nice bright room. My question still is, so there is nothing I can adjust for the camera? Looks like I have to live with it, I wont send it away for the camera to be replaced. Cant live with out my mate the mac.

C

chas_m

"Brightly-lit" does not necessarily mean much. Some types of fluorescent lighting can definitely be seen as blueish.

Is there nothing you can do? Of course there's something you can do.

For example, you could find a VERY LIGHT bit of orange plastic (like a lighting gel) to put over the camera to "compensate" for the blue.

You could try experimenting with different lights. Turn off the fluorescents and drag in a couple of old lamps (floor lamps), see if that makes a difference (I'll bet it does!)

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
Thank you Chas-m. I like the idea of the filter I will try that. I have no fluorescent light in my computer room, only the normal lights including a table light that I all ready tried and use. So far no improvements.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Thank you all for your input. It must be the camera, as people say that i look a bit blue, pink. But i think it annoys me more than it does the other people. Were I have the computer is a nice bright room. My question still is, so there is nothing I can adjust for the camera? Looks like I have to live with it, I wont send it away for the camera to be replaced. Cant live with out my mate the mac.

Are the lights behind you? If so, you'll wash blue as it attempts to meter for the shadows (and thus be underexposed)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.