Tiger Tiger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
Even though I'm 62 and officially an old fart I continue to learn each and every day. I fill my time with things I really enjoy doing. I live a rich life by combining my three hobbies; photography, motorcycling & computers. I have a background in fine art from my college days that aids in my enjoyment of the design sign of photographic processing. To that end I used this shot of a tiger I took to learn a processing trick known as "Out Of Box" processing. It was a great lesson in the technique of making a photograph appear three dimensional as well as an exercise is custom masking & special text effects. I hope you enjoy this final poster as much as I do. I titled it "Tiger Tiger".

Tiger-Tiger-X2.jpg

C

chas_m

Good job on the cutout. A little judiciously applied drop shadow on the "cut out" part will further the 3D effect.

62's not old unless you want it to be. Call us back when you're 82!! :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey Bob, this is the year of the "Dragon" not the Tiger. ;P Great photo, beautiful animal. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.2 GHz quad core i7, 500 GB hd, AMD radeon HD 6750m. Black iPhone 4S.
Not bad, but a rule of thumb I have when making things is "just say no to bevel and emboss". At least as a stand alone filter. It can be used to enhance things, but almost always looks out of place when it is used alone. Keep at it, making graphics and editing photos is one of the most fun things I have ever started doing. It's a blast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Very nice Bob and you is only a whippersnapper. When you get to the mid 70's then you is an old fart! Ohh to be 62 again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5K Retina 27" 2017, macOS 11.3.1 Big Sur, iPhone 7Plus, iPad Pro, Apple tv4, iPodT6
Heh, Bob and Harry. This is cool. Glad to know I'm in good company then, I'm 63 years young. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.