watch freeview or sky on macbook with no internet?

Reaction score
Hi there,

at my house we have really fast sky conection and freeview but a really crappy internet online signal, i have a mbp 2011 and thunderbolt and i would love it if i didnt have to buy another screen just to watch tv on, and the thunderbolt display does not have a digital tv cable.

does anyone know if there is a way to do it, not too fussed if it costs a fair bit.

regards,
lewis.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What do you mean by a 'fast Sky connection'?

How fast/ slow is your broadband?

OP
B
Reaction score
the sky works fine but when i go on my mac and log into sky on the go it just freezes and will only play in low quality

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What speed is your broadband?

Are the results the same over wifi as over cable?

OP
B
Reaction score
im not too sure mate i have my sky linked into my tv and it works like a dream, turn the box off and then go online and log into sky on the go just freezes all the time and takes forever to load, im selling my tv this is why i need a resolution as i have a thunderbolt but soon i will have no tv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1. Do you have sky broadband?

2. If you do go to Safari and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and hit enter

3.enter admin as the username and sky as the password

4. About two thirds of the way down the page under the Modem heading they'll be a number next to downstream connection speed. What is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're not giving me much to go on here.

You need to try with an Ethernet cable and see if it's better than wifi.

You need to log into your router and see what speed your connecting at.

There are no direct interfaces to get a Sky boxes HDMI connection into your Mac. There are analogue USB coax adapters from Elegato but to be honest you're better off diagnosing your Internet connection...... Or keeping your tv

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.