Can't Copy Image From Picture Folder to Photoshop

Reaction score
When I download pictures from my new camera to my Pictures Folder the icon images come out as they are supposed to but when I try to copy an image into a photoshop window it does not work. All I get is a grey mess.

But - Only the horizontal images do not come out. The vertical images copy perfectly. In addition, horizontal images from my other cameras - which I downloaded immediately after those from the new camera - come out fine, only the ones from the new camera do not work.

Since the images get from the camera to the pictures folder in good shape, mustn't the problem be iin the computer ? But where ?

Why don't the horizontal images copy ??? Can anybody shed any light on this?

Thanks
Bob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'd have to say what you've described sounds like a camera issue.
horizontal images from my other cameras - which I downloaded immediately after those from the new camera - come out fine

I'd suggest it's the orientation detection that auto rotates pictures is at fault.

If you have an option to change this in camera try that.

Also, does the same issue occur when copying from a memory card as when you use a usb cable straight from the camera?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Instead of copying an image into a Photoshop window, try File > Open and open it in Photoshop.

If you really need to copy it into a window for some reason, you could try File > Place

If neither of those work, try other applications - although I suspect it's a camera problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.