Difference Logic/Soundtrack

Reaction score
I was wondering... since Logic is able to handle Quicktime, what is the difference in Logic and Soundtrack? What does soudntrack exactly do?
Apple's Pro pages are very cryptic on the exact objective of soundtrack, and why I would need it if i can just insert my music into a movie with logic...

S

steveedge

Soundtrack is an audio editing application like Logic. However, it is designed to integrate with Final Cut Studio apps. It does not have many of the advanced audio features found in Logic, but it has enough pro. features that it is useful for moviemakers who also need "some" pro audio without all the bells and whistles contained in Logic.
Or, another way to put it is, Soundtrack is for movie makers who want to pay $300.00 for Soundtrack as opposed to $1,000 for logic.
So if your primary thing is music, you probably want Logic, but if you are a movie maker, you may opt for Soundtrack.

OP
Y
Reaction score
What if I'm a film composer :) because that's what I'm studying. It's hard to decide. I need to produce top quality music and then be able to fit it to the movie perfectly. I'm doomed, really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I would go with logic... Logic is for music creation mostly, where I use sountrack to clean up audio in video that I make. Soundtrack I use also for my final master of audio to export it in a higher quality for my dvd. If you are studying to be a film composer I would opt wit logic.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Yeah I figred it's the better option. Thanks. I took a look at Cubase to, seems like that's good for remastering and recording. But I like logics Apple-Pro-App feel.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.