Shall i buy this iphone?!

Reaction score
Ok, so i've wanted an iPhone for a long time now, but i always find the UK contracts a tad steep.

Im currently studying abroad in America, and my roommate has an old iphone he doesn't want.

It is a iPhone 4 which he has had for around a year. The only trouble with it is that the screen is damaged front and back.

He said he'd sell it to me for $80. As its out of warranty, would Apple repair it? If so, how much would they charge?

Also, as i'm from England, would the phone work in the UK if i bought a UK sim card?

Thanks!

C

chas_m

1. No.
2. They would probably charge $220 for a replacement unit. The replacement unit will be locked to the same carrier the old one is locked to.
3. No, unless you find a way to unlock it. I'm not aware of any way to unlock an up-to-date iPhone 4 at present.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
You could replace the front and the back yourself for 70 dollars if you got it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
Do not buy it!!

To answer all 3 of your questions simply at once...NO. Definitely do not buy the phone. And to respond to another poster on this thread, the OP should NOT try to replace the front& back of the device. It's not worth the money or the risk. It's not as easy as just "replacing" the back & front....it's a very complicated, delicate process that's not worth it for this purchase.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.